Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Lebanon

I send my prayers and best wishes to the good people of Lebanon and Israel.

I don't have answers, but I have been in that part of the world, and hosted of all things a beauty pageant live from Beirut the day after Israel had retaliated and bombed Beirut. Bombers were flying overhead as we were rehearsing, and the producers had pumped up the music so that I wouldn't be aware.

Several people were killed in those raids, including some firefighters in Beirut. In the US, we are not aware of many of the peaceloving people in that part of the world. Men and women and children who just want to live, work, play, as we do everywhere. Perhaps the music is turned up too loud.

1 comment:

Lan Bui (of The Bui Brothers) said...

Everyone should try turning the music down once in a while... You will hear yourself thinking, it may scare you the first time you try it.